I’ve started my cookbook today. By hook or by crook, I have to do it. This is part of my new year’s resolution to be pro-active (meaning, to be more action and result oriented, nothing more profound hehe) because I’ve always been a procrastinator, thinking of so many things I’d want to do but never quite doing them at once. I’m not really a patronizer of annual resolutions, but this year or at least before 2011 ended, something happened, which more or less triggered this resolution thing. 🙂
Indeed, I managed to squeeze in a few extra-curricular activities over my career and family oriented life:
- I have just finished reading Sophie Kinsella’s “Twenties Girl” and am planning to write a reflection about it one of these days. I’ll make it a point that the book left me wishing I had my own Sadie hehe.
- I managed to look for apartments for rent with my husband, but to no avail yet.
- Finally repaired Demi and Daisy’s oversized yellow blanket. Just cut them into two. I was able to sew the hem on one (and then discovered that it was such a boring task and procrastinated the other hehe).
- Made little roses from a scrap red ribbon. 🙂 I’m beginning to delve into crafts making lately and found this task more interesting than hemming stitches so… 🙂
- Speaking of crafts, met up with Bes and a new friend, Candy for a potential craft venture.
- And of course, the personalized cookbook I mentioned earlier. It’s nothing more than cut up coloured papers at present but it’s a start. I’m determined to finish this project right away, to aid me and hubby in planning our daily menu.
Six. It’s a modest achievement alright, but I personally regard this as an accomplishment already knowing how much of a procrastinator I am. It’s just a matter of allotting time I guess. I can’t always be guilty of robbing my kids time, otherwise, all of us would be getting nowhere far.
And I hope this is for good. I sure wish that I won’t be getting into another case of mañana habit. 🙂 Haha, I’ll be crossing my fingers right now.